CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fabulous Flowers Bleach Technique

I decided that today was a great day to bleach, so I took out the Melon Mambo Textured Cardstock and went to town on the bleaching technique using the new Summer Mini Catalog Fabulous Florets (#123027). To do this technique I took two pieces of paper towel placed it on top of a syrofoam plate and poured a bit of Clorox Bleach. The paper towel soaked up the bleach and I stamped directly onto the paper towel. Then I stamped the image straight onto the Melon Mambo cardstock. It takes a few minutes to see the final color, but once you do it will be a WOW factor.
I then took my extra large scallop circle punch and punched out 4 whisper white and 4 of the designer series paper pink polka dots paper. With the melon mambo inkpad I daubed the edges and then crinkled the punched out scalloped circles. Make sure you wet the cardstock to get the crinkled affect otherwise it will be very hard to crinkle. Once I let my scallop circles dry I pierced a hole added brad and transformed a scalloped circle punch into a beautiful FABULOUS FLOWER!
I used a couple techniques on this card such as:
  • bleach technique
  • emblossing using both dry and powder
  • Ink daubing
  • punch art
My camara didn't give this card justice, because the bold colors for the Melon Mambo cardstock and Regal Rose didn't stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment