CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 17, 2011

Vintage Flower

It's another creative day at Scrap N Pretty's Room.  I am working on vintage flowers, and here is one that I truly love.  I used Stampin Up! whisper white cardstock, which I dyed with tea bags and a few drops of Stampin Up! Concord Crush ink spotter.  To get a darker color since the paper was so white, I left the paper sit in the concoction for 3 hours.  I then removed it from the mixture and using an old iron, I ironed the paper
I punched out 4 of the EK large & small 5 petal punch.  I trimmed the edges of the leaves to give it a more realistic yet vintage look and I distressed the edges with the Concord Crush Classic Inkpad and Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Walnut Stain".    Once I did that I molded the leaves into shape.  The leaves were punched out using McGill's leave punch 7/8 x 1 3/8".  I hand embossed the leaves and distressed them using Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Walnut Stain". 

Once I had all the flowers and leaves made, I punched out two large scallop circles and started to glue the leaves and flowers to one of the scalloped circles.  The flowers were topped off with a feather and a beaded stem that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  To hide the back I glued the second scalloped circle to the back aligning it to the base (scalloped circle).
Here you have it the finished piece.  Just remember it is all paper with the exception of the beads and feathers.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment